ADSM-L

Re: TSM Database migration from AIX to Solaris

2002-04-08 10:53:58
Subject: Re: TSM Database migration from AIX to Solaris
From: "Sutch, Ian (London)" <SutchIan AT EXCHANGE.UK.ML DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:53:40 +0100
Douglas,

We've done that same test here, form AIX to Solaris and although the actual
process of migration appears to work, there were some huge inconsistencies
in the databases post migration. If you value your data its definitely not a
viable option.

I dont know of any documentation from Tivoli saying they wont support it,
but certainly when we raised it with them, they did
not recommend it as an option.