ADSM-L

Re: Accounting Log

2002-04-05 11:55:38
Subject: Re: Accounting Log
From: "Williams, Tim P {PBSG}" <Tim.Williams AT PBSG DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:55:29 -0600
I kinda like the summary table and it may have less issues than the
dsmaccnt.log
**
we have nodes that do hundreds of archives not to mention that
multithreading
incremental backups (resourceutilization in the dsm.opt) will create
multiple dsmaccnt.log records...
**
the select (2nd one below) will sum inbound data by...you can choose backup
or archive....for a day's activity
by node...
FYI Thanks Tim

tsm: ADSM>select activity from summary group by activity order by activity

ACTIVITY
------------------
ARCHIVE
ARCHIVE
BACKUP
EXPIRATION
FULL_DBBACKUP
MIGRATION
MOVE DATA
RECLAMATION
RESTORE
RETRIEVE
STGPOOL BACKUP
TAPE MOUNT

tsm: ADSM>macro thebest
ANS8000I Server command: 'select date(days(current_date)-1) as "DATA date",
summary.entity, nodes.domain_name, nodes.platform_name, sum(summary.bytes)
as sum_bytes from summary, nodes where summary.entity=nodes.node_name and
summary.activity='BACKUP' and days(current_date)-days(start_time)=1 group by
summary.entity, nodes.domain_name, nodes.platform_name' order by sum_bytes
desc

    DATA date: 2002-01-08
       ENTITY: US504S3E
  DOMAIN_NAME: NOTES_PD