ADSM-L

TDP FOR EXCHANGE 2.2

2002-04-02 06:45:24
Subject: TDP FOR EXCHANGE 2.2
From: Gary Swanton <kelly14 AT OPTUSHOME.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 21:45:10 +1000
Hi TSM'rs

                Just thought that I would share with you all a recent
TSM incident involving TDP for Exchange v2.2 running on a Windows 2000
Server.

        A little over 8 months ago a problem arose where we could not
get the Exchange TDP to install on a Windows 2000 server.  After many
attempts to install and reinstall the last resort was to completely blow
away the server and reinstall everything.  We even did a disaster
recovery install of Exchange 2000 again just in case anything was wrong
with the Exchange installation; thankfully a full server reinstall was
not required.

        Anyway after discussing this problem with the code developers
and Microsoft a solution was finally found.  Within an Exchange registry
key an entry exists which details the full path to the MAD.exe file.
What was discovered is that the path to the MAD.exe file was
encapsulated with double quotes i.e. ""file path"".  After running some
debug code from the Tivoli developers and with the assistance of
Microsoft this anomaly was highlighted.  The double quotes were removed
and replaced with single quotes and behold the Exchange TDP worked as it
should have 8months ago.

So if anybody else is or has experienced this problem don't hesitate to
get the developers involved they did a great job in resolving what was a
very long and frustrating problem.

Happy TSMing....

Gary