ADSM-L

Re: Client Message - size estimate exceeded

2002-04-02 06:23:39
Subject: Re: Client Message - size estimate exceeded
From: Burak Demircan <burak.demircan AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:23:31 +0200
add an option to your node's opt file:

compressalways yes

regards,
burak

        fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK
        Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

        02.04.2002 14:17
        Please respond to ADSM-L

                        To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                        cc:
                        Subject:        Client Message - size estimate exceeded

Hi TSMers

TSM server 3.7.3.8 running on Solaris 2.7 machine. Getting the following
message for one of our NT client nodes.

04/01/02 22:14:20       ANR0534W Transaction failed for session 43012 for node
                             PUBEARLY (WinNT) - size estimate exceeded and
server is
                             unable to obtain additional space in storage pool
BACKUPPOOL.

I have looked at the help for the message and from what I can see there are a
number of
possible reasons. But I have never seen it before for any client and was
wondering is
anyone out there had had dealings with this and what remedies they used to
solve it. The
backup eventually completes OK with just one failed file. Unfortunately, I
cannot see
which one as the person in charge of the NT machines is away on holiday at the
moment. I
would like to gather some more inf. before I next speak to him.

Can anyone help with this one.

Many thanks in advance

All the best

Farren Minns - Trainee Solaris & TSM system admin.
John Wiley & Sons Ltd