ADSM-L

Re: 2 Scheduler under AIX BA and Oracle TDP

2002-03-08 06:08:10
Subject: Re: 2 Scheduler under AIX BA and Oracle TDP
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT CW DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:05:39 +0100
Norbert,
In dsm.opt you can define a parameter SERVERNAME that points to a
section in dsm.sys
To use two schedulers:
Define two sections in dsm.sys with all necessary parameters
Each section starts with the SERVERNAME statement.
We use a layout like this:
   SERVERNAME filebackup
     TCPSERVERADDRESS ...
     SCHEDLOGNAME /var/log/dsmsched.file.log
     (...)
   SERVERNAME dbbackup
     TCPSERVERADDRESS ...
     SCHEDLOGANE /var/log/dsmsched.db.log

Create two dsm.opt files for the schedulers
dsm.filebackup.opt contains SERVERNAME filebackup
dsm.dbbackup.opt contains SERVERNAME dbbackup

To start the scheduler for each instance
DSM_CONFIG=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.filebackup.opt
export DSM_CONFIG
nohup /usr/bin/dsmc sched >/dev/null 2>&1 &

When using passwordaccess generate you have to initialize the password
for both instances

Good luck!

Regards,
Michael
--
Michael Bartl, Dipl. Inform. (FH)           mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com
Michael Bartl, Dipl. Inform. (FH)           mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com