ADSM-L

Re: How to use string operators in select statement - TSM.

2002-02-28 04:53:22
Subject: Re: How to use string operators in select statement - TSM.
From: MUSTAFA BAYTAR <mustafa.baytar AT EFESPILSEN.COM DOT TR>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:48:47 +0200
Hi ,
try this
select substr(MESSAGE,1,9) from actlog

                         Pothula S
                           Paparao       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <[email protected]       cc:     (bcc: MUSTAFA
BAYTAR/ATIM/ICECEK)
                           BM.COM>       Subject:     How to use string
operators in select statement - TSM.
                          Sent by:
                       "ADSM: Dist
                     Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                          IST.EDU>

                        28.03.2002
                             11:15
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                     Stor Manager"

Hi TSM'ers
The below is the message from select output (select * from actlog)
All I want to know is whether or not possible to caputue only the message
no (ex. ANR2565I) using select query. I tried using string operations in
select command. didnt help much. If any select expert tried this pls let me
know. Im very much intrested to know about it.

Thanks in advance.

DATE_TIME: 2001-12-30 00:00:02.000000
    MSGNO: 2565
 SEVERITY: I
  MESSAGE: ANR2565I 0 schedules for immediate client actions have been
            deleted.

Regards

Sreekumar.
SO