ADSM-L

AW: Question Regarding TCPWindowsize on W2K

2001-12-13 04:46:14
Subject: AW: Question Regarding TCPWindowsize on W2K
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:44:12 +0100
I had a lot of trouble using windowssize 2048....
Normal backup went ok, since receive window from NT is never
used with many data.

Restore to this NT-box(GB Ethernet) was sometimes not stable (internal
system error)

Restore over this box to a networkshare (all GB Ethernet) was impossible -
directories came back - but immediate with the first data bytes there was
always that internal system error.

With changing windowsize to 63  (not 64!!!) the trouble disappeared.

I tried changes in registry for  RFC1323 but had the same problems.

Stefan Holzwarth