ADSM-L

Re: Full backups again

2001-11-27 13:32:17
Subject: Re: Full backups again
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:28:44 -0800
I would start by asking the requestor what is the goal???.
What are they (really) trying to accomplish???.

Then look at the features in TSM and try to match the goal/
requirement with the feature.
  (archive, backupset, copypool,mirror'd DB, roll-forward log
   offsite db backups, etc, etc)

Seems really silly, in this day and age, to backup a file
(ie send it over the network, store it in the same onsite pool
and make another copy of it for the offsite pool) if you already
have it.

 Think of all the wasted expire inventory and tape reclamation time it
will take too!

              ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
         joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu
 (510)642-7638 (w)  (209)483-JOEF (M)
                             5633
100 1/2 days until retirement!!!!!!