ADSM-L

TSM 4.2.1

2001-10-25 15:31:22
Subject: TSM 4.2.1
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:28:27 -0700
To all,

I contacted Tivoli today regarding the PMR I have open. I don't know if this
affects all platforms but on AIX 4.3.3 with TSM 4.2.1 about every 3 days I
can count of a core dump of TSM, last night was the latest. According to
Tivoli they want me to change one parameter in the dsmserv.opt file,
RESOURCETIMEOUT. Default is 10, they want me to change it to 20 to work
around the problem for now. I will do that and see how it performs.

They opened a APAR on it, IC31884 in case anyone is interested.

Even if this does help I still have the annoying tape problem issue on the
3494. Again, I don't know if this affects those running TSM on NT or WIN2K
with a 3494. On AIX I've had database backups fail because all the drives
were busy, Migration and backup tape processes fail because all the drives
were busy. Mount errors and failures, dismount failures yet the tape is
dismounted anyway, mtlib showing all the tapes that were scratch now private
and all the tapes private now scratch. DRM saying all the tapes were ejected
yet some left in with a status of mountable, yet TSM asking for me to insert
the tape. TSM reporting tapes unavailable or destroyed yet queried as
available and in read write status.

This fix, I was told, would be out Friday or Monday.....we'll see.

What a mess.....

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer