ADSM-L

Re: Running the Notes Connect Agent with a R5 Domino server with 4.6 databases?

2001-10-25 14:40:59
Subject: Re: Running the Notes Connect Agent with a R5 Domino server with 4.6 databases?
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:47:32 -0500
Thanks for your answer, Del.  It confirms what I suspected-- it *might*
work, but its not supported.

Too bad there isn't something for the interim-- because it is my
understanding that Lotus says that this is one of the migration paths
(i.e. Domino R5 server, 4.6 databases, then convert your clients to R5,
and then upgrade the databases to R5).  This means that for the time that
you are transitioning, you are going to be backing up a lot of stuff-- or
if not, if you need to restore/recover-- you are going to lose a lot.

Neither is all too hot of a solution, IMHO.

But thanks for the quick answer.

lisa

Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
10/25/2001 10:46 AM