ADSM-L

Re: NT client restore C drive

2001-10-04 08:25:10
Subject: Re: NT client restore C drive
From: "Ripley, Bev" <bripley AT CVPS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 08:21:57 -0400
We are running on what we call a baby mainframe - Multiprise 3000 -
utilizing the internal adapter.  Some basic ftp testing does show us that
this is not exactly stellar performance on throughput.  But our basic issue
here is that we are getting some very different performance levels when
dealing with restore commands.  Perhaps a further clarification from our
ongoing testing would be to say that we are seeing very dramatically
different restore results from entering restore commands either through the
gui or command line when we have booted from an alternate partition on the
NT client.  It is dramatically worse performance from the alternate
partition.  But this is what we would anticipate having to do if we lost the
client machine entirely.  And so far, this is really unacceptable results.
There must be something very different in the processing of the restore when
a path is specified for the restore as opposed to choosing the "put it back
where it came from" option.  Any suggestions for us?
Thanks for any help you can offer.