ADSM-L

MS Exchange backup problem

2001-09-24 10:19:07
Subject: MS Exchange backup problem
From: Petr Přerost <pprerost AT HTD DOT CZ>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:19:19 +0200
Hi all ,
I just ended new installation of TSM server 4.2 on OS/390 with Exchange
clients
with TDP for Exchange version 2.2 - from time to time full backup ends
with error ( from TSM server log ) ANE4993E and ACN3502 with rc=418
( TSM B/A client 4.2.0 ) on NT4 and Win2000 . No additional messages in
TSM server log.

I checked manual , there is no ANE4993E message and ACN3502 is described :

ACN3502E TDP for Microsoft Exchange: backup type backup of object name from
server
server name failed, rc = return code.
Explanation: This is an informational message that is written to the Tivoli
Storage
Manager Server activity log when a restore fails.
System Action: None
User Response: None Centrally logged

unfortunalely I see it after unsuccesfull backup even if user response is
None
my customer requirement is "all full backup have to end succesfully" :-( .

Please , does anybody know what RC=418 mean ( or better description of
all possible RC ) ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

regards

Petr Prerost