ADSM-L

how to backup to a second backuppool?

2001-09-10 17:53:04
Subject: how to backup to a second backuppool?
From: "Johnn D. Tan" <jdtan AT MED.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:55:45 -0400
I have two virtual libraries in my automated tape library
(SpectraLogic 64000/Gator).

I can define two libraries, two tape device classes, etc., etc., in TSM 4.1.3

I can even define two "backuppool" disk spools, one for each library.
What I can't seem to figure out is how to get data backed up to the
second backuppool, call it backuppool2. Right now, all data gets
backed up to backuppool1.

Where is it that I can determine which backuppool I want my nodes
backed up to? In other words, I want some nodes to go to backuppool1,
and the rest to go to backuppool2.

Thanks.

johnn