ADSM-L

Re: New Server and Disk Pools

2001-09-10 17:51:30
Subject: Re: New Server and Disk Pools
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:53:20 +0300
DEF STG CACHE=Yes.
So you can quick restore today's/yesterday's backups from the cache. I do
not assume your DISK pool is big enough to keep all client's data there.
If it is and you are using tapes only for archives and backupsets you can
go two ways:
have no arrays and hope only that at least one stgpool (primary or copy)
volume will stay alive.
implement arrays with redundancy.

If you have LOWMIG higher than 0% then we can predict which files will
still be there but unless you fall in DISK-BACKUP scenario for larger
restores you still will be forced to mount tapes.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Stephen A. Cochran" <Stephen.A.Cochran AT CAHIR DOT NET> on 10.09.2001 09:50:46
Please respond to Stephen.A.Cochran AT Cahir DOT net