ADSM-L

TCP Failair on SQL TDP.

2001-08-16 09:28:14
Subject: TCP Failair on SQL TDP.
From: Ofer <ofer AT TRIP.CCC.CO DOT IL>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:29:28 +0300
Hi All,

I have 40GB SQL Server 2000 Database. I have the following installation.

TSM Client 4.1
TDP for SQL ver 2.2
Tsm server ver 4.1.2.
TSM Server On RS6000 Box with Aix 4.3.3 ML 06

I have configure the domain and mgmt class by the book. I am working
with stripe = 1.

When I am backing up a small database lets say 3GB, the backup completes
successfuly.
When I am baking up the 40 GB database the backup fails with the
Following message :

ANE4993E Session rejected :TCP/IP Connection failure.

The q actlog give the following : ANS1017E ..node name ... backup
failed.

Is there any problem backing up a big SQL databases?
Do I need to increases the TCP Buffers, TCP Buffers size, SQL Buffers or
SQL buffer size.

P.s in this site there is a 30 and some 20 GB Sql server and there are
backed up ok.

Thanks in advance
Ofer Nachom.