ADSM-L

Re: Teaching others TSM

2001-07-27 10:32:58
Subject: Re: Teaching others TSM
From: "Martin, Jon R." <jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:33:05 -0400
Francisco,

        I have been administering TSM for three months now.  The previous
administrator is my manager so I have had someone on hand to answer my
questions.  I feel I have a learned a lot with the "sink or swim" method and
subscribing to this mail list has helped also.  I first learned about the
clients and how they worked, then scheduling, and then moved onto things
like the DB, log, diskpools and tapepools etc...  My opinion is that if you
are not familiar with the material you won't get much from formal training.
I've done ok learning it one layer at a time and reading the Administrator's
Reference.

Thanks,
Jon Martin