ADSM-L

Re: things NOT expiring

2001-07-10 13:51:58
Subject: Re: things NOT expiring
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:52:39 -0400
I have gone through the process you are describing a few months ago and am
now past the "retain last Version" date.   Which leaves me quite puzzled.  I
did not set my new value to zero though, I used 2.  It matches my DB backup
count.
I still have some non API stuff hanging around and am now under the believe
that there are also other things happening.  I am under the belief that the
number of versions kept is determined by the lesser of the VERSIONS DATA
EXISTS (nolimit) and RETAIN EXTRA VERSIONS (42) .  I am trying to meet the
requirement of saving 42 days worth of backups.
Thanks Again
Matt