ADSM-L

Re: Library Audit Unsuccessful

2001-07-10 13:50:03
Subject: Re: Library Audit Unsuccessful
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:50:40 -0500
Yes, they would show up in a q libvol.  Look in the actlog for a failed
label libvol command.

If you try to read or write an unlabeled tape, it will give an I/O error and
a sense code possibly (00.00.00.77)

ADSM support can determine what the sense code data means.  77 apparently
means the volume was unlabeled.

Try auditing a volume.  Also try to determine if the internal label matches
the barcode.  Our IBM CE uses show mainframe tool to accomplish this.

Jeff Bach