ADSM-L

Re: Database Backup with multiple drives

2001-06-19 10:44:37
Subject: Re: Database Backup with multiple drives
From: James Thompson <mezron AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:45:34 -0700
 TDP for SQL ver 2.2 does support multiple sessions backing up to the tsm
server.  The term they use in the manual for this is data striping.
 Have a management class in the domain that your node belongs to that goes
to your tape pool.  You will want to send your data objects to this
managmentclass and your meta objects to a disk managementclass.
You will need to modify your options file to do this.
   include \...\meta \...\* diskmgmtclass
   include \...\data \...\* tapemgmtclass
Update your node so that it can use 4 tape drives (update <nodename>
maxnummp=4)

When you run your backup you will need to set the number of stripes equal to
the number of drives that you wish to use.  Also use this value when
performing restores.

James Thompson