ADSM-L

Re: The TSM FAQ needs your help

2001-05-30 18:35:04
Subject: Re: The TSM FAQ needs your help
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:35:56 -0700
Angela, in the environments you're talking about, you're absolutely right.
Where you're not resource bound, yes, by all means, utilize those resources.
In fact, my SPs are prompted, and the ATM attached servers, but my
workstations are polling to take advantage of the randomization.  I, and I
doubt most other people, have the money to put very many workstations in the
enterprise on an SP switch or ATM backbone.  That's where randomization
really pays off.  (Ok, GigE is pretty darned cheap these days, and getting
cheaper, but I don't know of anybody with much GigE to the desktop.)

Thanks,
Alex