ADSM-L

wrong stgpool

2001-05-18 09:13:16
Subject: wrong stgpool
From: David DeCuir <David.Decuir AT CLUBCORP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 08:12:13 -0500
I have 20 NT servers with a dsm.opt that has an include * ntclass line.
These run a nightly backup that has worked fine for months, backing
up to the backup copygroup of mgmtclass ntclass with a dest. of
ntdiskpool. This is all normal.

Here is my problem.  I created a new mgmtclass called notesclass,
which has a backup copygroup with a dest. of notespool
(this is a tape pool). Now, keep in mind the 20 NT servers have
include * ntclass as the only mgmtclass. I'm seeing that q content of
some of the volumes in notespool show data paths from most of the
20 NT servers.

Notesclass is not a default mgmtclass and the notespool volumes
were aquired empty from scratch. How could this data get on the wrong
stgpool volumes?

Also, the NT servers data paths on the volumes in notespool point to
directories only, no files.
I'm also seeing this with my UNIX mgmtclass (having data paths
on notespool).

I am new to this and have never run any audits or unloads or
anything on the database or volumes. Could that help?
Still too new and dumb to know why this is happening. Thanks.