ADSM-L

Re: TSM Basic Bat files

2001-05-14 03:06:38
Subject: Re: TSM Basic Bat files
From: Hrouda Tomáš <Hrouda AT AGCOM DOT CZ>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:00:57 +0200
Hi Tim,

Your choice is to use delivered TSM Client Scheduler. Just install it by
DSMCUTIL INSTALL command or by TSM Client GUI (menu Utlilities - Setup
Wizard - Help me configure TSM Client Scheduler) - see Using B-A Clients
Guide for more informations). This kind of scheduler cooperate with TSM
server, so you can manage your schedules centrally. You can define and run
multiple schedules (for BACKUP and for ARCHIVE operations) on client through
one client scheduler. Or you can run multiple scheduler services on one NT
machine, everyone pointed to another dsm.opt file by using parameter
/optfile=path_to_your _opt_file during DSMCUTIL INSTALL command¨. In this
case you have to bind other cleint schedulers with new node names, which
must be defined on TSM server.

With best regards
Tom

---