ADSM-L

Many are the problems in Tivoli....

2001-05-10 11:51:24
Subject: Many are the problems in Tivoli....
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 10:57:55 -0500
Speaking of problems at Tivoli.... does anyone know/has any one else
experimented with exclude.fs processing with archive commands?  I found
beaucoup APARs
PQ37289
EXCLUDE.FS OPTION IS NOT BEING RECOGNIZED BY THE TIVOLI
PQ37284
EXCLUDE.DIR AND EXCLUDE.FS STATEMENTS AFFECT ARCHIVE COMMANDS IN
IC26781
LACK OF INFORMATION FOR PRECEDENCE ORDER OF VARIOUS EXCLUDE
PQ31920
EXCLUDE.DIR AND EXCLUDE.FS STATEMENTS AFFECT ARCHIVE COMMANDS IN
IY05117
EXCLUDE.DIR AND EXCLUDE.FS STATEMENTS AFFECT ARCHIVE COMMANDS IN
IY01921
EXCLUDE.FS IS AFFECTING ARCHIVE PROCESSING AND Q AR /PATH/FILENA
IY01185
ANS9090E MESSAGE WHEN DEFAULTSERVER EXCLUDES FILESYSTEM WHERE MI
IC25798
EXCLUDE.FS OPTION IS NOT BEING RECOGNIZED BY THE TIVOLI
IC25041
ANS9090E MESSAGE WHEN DEFAULTSERVER EXCLUDES FILESYSTEM WHERE MI
IC24734
EXCLUDE.DIR AND EXCLUDE.FS STATEMENTS AFFECT ARCHIVE COMMANDS IN
IC23996
EXCLUDE.FS NOT BEING RECOGNIZED WHEN SPECIFIED AS A CLIENTOPT
IC23278
EXCLUDE.FS DOES NOT EXCLUDE AUTOMOUNTED FILES SYSTEMS

 on this issue for the 3.1, but not for the 3.7.1 client, on AIX 4.3.3.

It looks like the inclexcl is processed differently for the web GUI, the
dsm interface, and the command line.  It seems that the web GUI only
processes the local inclexcl, and dsm interface processes both the local
and the CLIOPTSET, and the command line isn't affected by exclude.fs and
exclude.dir options.

The 3.7 manual is fuzzy on the processing & application of different
exclude options.

Anyone else already sleighed this dragon?

thanks
lisa

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
05/10/2001 08:14 AM