ADSM-L

GUI View Archives

2001-04-30 10:45:25
Subject: GUI View Archives
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 07:44:54 -0700
I was verifying an archive schedule that was said to have failed through the
scheduler. The logs on the node seemed to indicate it completed. So I went
to the node, started a client session through the gui and clicked on
retrieve. Through my admin window I noticed this message:

ANR0406I Session 2577 started for node CP-ITS-PSFS02 (WinNT) (Tcp/Ip
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(3214)).
ANR0984I Process 149 for CONVERT ARCHIVE started in the BACKGROUND at
07:32:38.
<< Message number 4392 not available for language EN_US >>
<< Message number 4393 not available for language EN_US >>

which started this on the TSM server:

     149 CONVERT ARCHIVE      Processing for node CP-ITS-PSFS02 has visited
0
                               descriptions, 21772 objects; deleted 0

                               descriptions, 0 objects. It is currently

                               Converting the archive and
Description.Objects
                               tables.  Current counts: found 21772
directories
                               and files, 0 object sets; inserted 21772

                               directories and files, 0 object sets.
Visited:
                               object(0.53169158) (directory)
filespace(\\cp--
                               its-psfs02\e$)
name(\PSOFT\HR751\HRDMO\SQRBINW-
                               \DOC\SQR\SQRINDEX\)(ASSISTS)
description(Archive
                               Date: 01/20/2001) owner().

I have no clue what this is doing since all I did was click on retrieve so I
could see what archives were out there for this node. I just wanted to see
if there was an archive out there from the weekend. Anyone got any ideas why
this is happening????

TSM Server is AIX 4.3.3, 4.1.2
Client is NT4 sp5, 3.1.08

Geoff Gill