ADSM-L

Re: dbbackup tapes expiration

2001-04-20 11:34:24
Subject: Re: dbbackup tapes expiration
From: "France, Don G (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:31:23 -0500
3)  Yep... run the infamous SELECT query to find volumeusage for the node
and storage pool you're going to restore (*or* just create a backupset &
restore from it?), empty sufficient slots (use MOVE MEDIA DAYS=nn), then
MOVE MEDIA & CHECKIN the volumes (as PRIvate) before starting the restore.

Consider the following SELECT query, to queue up the right tapes:
select distinct node_name,volume_name,stgpool_name from volumeusage \
where node_name='EXCHMO05_EXC' and stgpool_name='3570TAPEPOOL'

Regards,

Don France

Technical Architect - Unix Engineering/P.A.C.E.
San Jose, CA
mailto:dfrance AT pacbell DOT net
PACE - http://www.pacepros.com