ADSM-L

WIndows NT Disaster Recovery

2001-04-20 11:47:16
Subject: WIndows NT Disaster Recovery
From: Shekhar Dhotre <shekhar.dhotre.b AT BAYER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:47:54 -0400
Hi ,
    First I apologies to pop this question again on the list as it is discussed
'n 'number of times .
    But after digging through adsm.org  ,I did not found anything  ..that is
related to my problem.
    The procedure Given by  "Wanda Prather  "  to recover Windows NT server  at
Coderelief   worked very well for me..
   I.e. install NT in junk directory .install tsm  client---- restore ----reboot
..done .. Thanks Wanda
    Now I am trying to recover NT using Norton Ghost.. This will eliminate the
step to reinstall NT  and
    TSM client in junk  and also save some time (  idea  from  NT -folks ) .
     I tried following  :
    Install NT from Ghost image .
   Connect to  TSM - drop down all data .. to NT Box (WINNT .adsm.sys etc..)
  problem  :   Windows NT gives messages like sharing violation etc..
   When I tried to restore registry keys from adsm.sys directory to
/winnt/system32/config..  I am not able to do so as
 registry is already in use. If I  reboot  Nt box  ntoskerenl.exe not found
message ..
 what is the solution to this problem or how I can restore registry ..
I used     #dsmc regrest entire   ..
 where does the registry  gets restored  when you execute this command  -- in
adsm.sys   or to original location .. /winnt/system32/config.. ?

Thanks
Shekhar