ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1.3 on AIX and LTO 3583 Library problem

2001-04-18 21:00:33
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1.3 on AIX and LTO 3583 Library problem
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:01:12 +1200
> >Now when I use TSM command CHECKIN LIBVOLUME, result was that all volumes in
> >library was labelled, but every volume generate message:
> > ANR8311E An I/O error occurred while accessing drive LTODRV1 (/dev/rmt0) for
> >          READ operation, errno = 5

This is normal when labelling new tapes as it trys to see if there is a label.

I thought you may have set the devicetype as generic (as I had a similar problem
to you). As Richard mentioned it might be the drive element number.

Can you open the drive with the "tapeutil" command ?
(e.g. tapeutil -f /dev/rmt0 inquiry )

Check if you are using the latest Device driver (lslpp -l Atape.device) with
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/AIX/

Suad