ADSM-L

Re: Question on del volhist

2001-04-16 09:00:40
Subject: Re: Question on del volhist
From: Glenn MacIntosh <glenn.macintosh AT SOBEYS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 08:58:03 -0400
Wanda,

    The issue that I THINK I have, is that I am using scratch tapes for all
pools (copypools as well).   Are your copypools private or scratch ?    What
I think happens, is that when a DR tape becomes empty (through
expiration/reclamation), and changes from VAULT to VAULTRETRIEVE, that since
it is a scratch tape, with no data on it, and not in my library (q libv),
that it will simply cease to exist.

    If you are using category private tapes, you will not see this problem.

    If your tapes are scratch and still contain data, (status vault) you
will not see this problem.

    Would an empty scratch tape only be tracked by volhistory entries ?
(Where else would you find an entry for an empty scratch ?)

P.S.  Sorry for inadvertently replying to Kelly instead of the listserv.

Thanks,

Glenn MacIntosh
Manager of Technical Services
Sobeys Inc.