ADSM-L

Re: Question on del volhist

2001-04-15 11:49:41
Subject: Re: Question on del volhist
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:54:00 -0400
OK,
I ran a DELETE VOLHIST for all record types all the way back to January.

I checked on the oldest volumes in my OFFSITE copypool, which are marked
VAULT by DRM.

They no longer have ANY entry in the volume history file; running
 select * from volhistory where volume_name='xxxxxx' gets no hits at all,
but
 Q DRMEDIA * still shows that volume xxxxxx is marked VAULT.

So I still believe that removing STGNEW/STGDELETE via DELETE VOLHIST has NO
effect on storage pool volumes.  But it will make to "disappear" volumes
that are tracked ONLY via VOLUMEHISTORY, including DBBACKUP, DBSNAPSHORT,
and EXPORT entries.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert