ADSM-L

Re: running 3494 in MANUAL mode - URGENT!! (Please?)

2001-04-09 15:19:37
Subject: Re: running 3494 in MANUAL mode - URGENT!! (Please?)
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 15:19:48 -0400
Turned out the robot worked its way out of alignment. It was cocked almost
1/8" to the right as you were looking at it. This was the last thing the
CE's checked. We basically have a brand new gripper assembly now.

It seems that we needed to let the library settle down in PAUSE mode first
before setting it in MANUAL mode. Once we did that, we started seeing the
mounts on the drive display and the Manual Mode Console window. The CE's
discovered this by accident. Pretty slick. It displays the volser as well as
the slot location where the tape resides. After the tape dismounts, you
should leave it outside the library. When you get it back in auto mode, just
insert the tapes in the I/O port and let the library put them away.

Bill Boyer