ADSM-L

Re: running 3494 in MANUAL mode - URGENT!! (Please?)

2001-04-09 14:21:30
Subject: Re: running 3494 in MANUAL mode - URGENT!! (Please?)
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:22:09 -0400
>Have you been in touch with IBM support on this?  This happened to us once, and
>it turned out that the problem was not in the robot itself, but that a board
>needed to be replaced.  I can't tell you exactly what was replaced because I'd
>been relieved by the time the fix was worked out.

The robot circuit boards are inside the first frame: open the white door and
you should see them mounted on the back wall.  The one time this happened to
us, the robot was jammed (installation error: retaining pin left in place)
such that it blew a safety fuse on the board.  A flashlight and a Radio Shack
fuse might get you back into operation quickly if you find it to be something
like this (as in the case of a dropped tape blocking movement).

  Richard Sims, BU