ADSM-L

Re: Admin schedule to Backup DB does not start

2001-03-24 12:51:40
Subject: Re: Admin schedule to Backup DB does not start
From: "Coyle, Jack" <jack.coyle AT REXHEALTH DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:37:14 -0500
The issue here would seem to be the "wait=yes" option you have specified for
the backup command. Doing so causes the server to process the command in the
foreground. This, in turn, requires that you must wait for the command to
complete before performing any other tasks. Indeed, in such an environment,
you can only run one scheduled command at a time. Is there a compelling
reason why "wait=yes" is specified (other than the obvious one of not
wanting the database backup to occur before the backups of the storage pools
complete)?

Jack Coyle