ADSM-L

S.O.S ADSM sunk !!

2001-03-14 11:57:39
Subject: S.O.S ADSM sunk !!
From: "Ghanekar, Prasanna" <prasanna.ghanekar AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:42:31 -0500
Being a novice, I'm seeking out the Expert ADSM community to help me get
back my Flagship above water.

Here's the snapshot of things:
ADSM Server running on WINNT 4 crashed due to Recovery Log crash.
Expire inventory schedule brought down the server as it filled the recovery
log, asked for Tape, then filled one Tape and started asking for another one
and there was no tape . Log kept on increasing and finally took down the
server.

Initially tried Restore Db but failed after starting a "Re-Do" on the
recovery log.
Also got the event id: 6 in the nt event log. about another server being run
at the same time.

Finally re-installed the server and applied last ptf (3.1.2.90), server
tells me to use Upgrade DB to bring the database to most current version.
Don't know when to use it ?

Then, replaced the core four files with the original configuration and
issued Restore db (Point in time) command to get the database back. Database
restore completes but when I issue: dsmservr command after that, it says
ADSM server must be restored before it can be started. I don't know when to
insert these files in the new installation.

If I try to do a restore the database without using point in time option, it
restores, begins server recovery, recovery log mount, starts redo for the
log and fails at certain point.

Need serious HELP to get the server back UPPPP !!!!

Your Help is greatly appreciated......

Thanks for your time.

Prasanna

Prasanna Ghanekar