ADSM-L

Servers freeze with Linux-Client on Kernel 2.4

2001-03-09 06:59:46
Subject: Servers freeze with Linux-Client on Kernel 2.4
From: Leopold Hameder <lhameder AT HBV DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:51:06 +0100
Hi *SM'ers!

We tried to Backup a Linux-Client with SuSE 7.1 , Kernel 2.4.x and
TSM-CLient Version 4.1.1 (cause 4.1.2 doesn't Support national
Characters).

In both causes, per Scheduler or Command Line, the Server freezes
without any Messages anywhere.
Only a Hard Reset brings him up again.

Does anyone have any other experiences.

TO TIVOLI (developer technical support ?):
Is the Problem known?
Is support planned for Kernel 2.4.x (including REISERFS)an when?

I feel confident that this will be important for a lot of TSM-Customers.

For us it is.

-- With regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
With regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

                          ''~``
                         ( o o )
 |   Leopold Hameder                                   |
 |   Heinrich Bauer Verlag                             |
 |   Hamburg                                           |
 |                    .oooO                            |
 |                    (   )   Oooo.                    |
                              (_/