ADSM-L

informix slow level 0 backups ...

2001-03-09 06:06:00
Subject: informix slow level 0 backups ...
From: Arnaud Brion <Arnaud.Brion AT PAC.PANMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:51:24 +0100
Hi *SM'ers !

I'm facing kind of strange behaviour of our Informix clients : everyday 5 AM
informix servers are doing  a level 0 (complete) backup of their Db, that goes
directly to tape (LTO drives, in a 3584 library, connected on an IBM SAN data
gateway 3108 G07 model) through a fiber channel network, and the problem is
that the transfert rate varies randomly from an approx 7000 kbps to a 35 !!!
kbps.
Problem does'nt seem to come from the network, because the same machine at the
same time is able to send its logical logs at a normal transfer rate, but on
ssa disks this time.
Did anybody face the same kind of problem, or does anybody have an idea to test
or improve performance ?
Thanks a lot for any precious advice !
Arnaud