ADSM-L

ideal utilization mix??

2001-02-16 18:06:21
Subject: ideal utilization mix??
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:06:47 -0800
Thanks to Wanda for posting that select statement for avg util.
I add a count of full and filling for onsite TAPEPOOL and here's my
results:

STGPOOL_NAME           STATUS                 AVG_PCTU
------------------     ------------------     --------
COPYPOOL               FILLING                   62.10 only 1 tape
COPYPOOL               FILLING                   62.10 only 1 tape
COPYPOOL               FULL                      83.76
COPYPOOL               PENDING                    0.00
TAPEPOOL               FILLING                   49.16
TAPEPOOL               FULL                      89.19
TAPEPOOL               PENDING                    0.00

ANR1487I RUN: Command return code is RC_OK (OK).

NUMBER_OF_FILLING: TAPEPOOL
-----------------
              148
              148

ANR1487I RUN: Command return code is RC_OK (OK).

NUMBER_OF_FULL: TAPEPOOL
--------------
            54
            54

ANR1487I RUN: Command return code is RC_OK (OK).
ANR1462I RUN: Command script POOLCAPAVERAGE completed successfully

Do you think having a Filling pool that's twice as large as the FULL
and having it at an average of 49.16% a good mix for a system with
1000 mac/pc/unix clients that are mostly 'small'?????

:-)
    thanks
       .. joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley