ADSM-L

Re: Performance Large Files vs. Small Files - ANOTHER QUESTION

2001-02-14 14:02:46
Subject: Re: Performance Large Files vs. Small Files - ANOTHER QUESTION
From: arhoads <arhoads AT PACBELL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:46:17 -0800
Diana,

At the start of the backup session the server sends a list of all
'current' files to the client.  If, on the client, the
RESOURCEUTILIZATION parameter is set to a number greater than 2 then the
task of processing the list may be split over a number of processes (and
the task of backing-up the changed files could then be split over an
even larger number of processes).

This would be one way of improving the speed of the backup processing on
your client.

Steffan