ADSM-L

Backupsets in OS/390 TSM Server

2001-01-08 11:24:06
Subject: Backupsets in OS/390 TSM Server
From: Louis Wiesemann <ljwies01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:24:30 -0500
I'm just wondering if anyone has any real life experiences to relate about
generating TSM backupsets under TSM 3.7.3 running on OS/390.

We recently had a server failure that took us awhile to restore, for various
reasons.  We are looking at possibly generating backupsets on some sort of
regular basis for the more critical servers.   We hope to reduce the number of
tape mounts required for these large restores.  So, we are wondering what kind
of real life experiences people have seen for generating backupsets and/or
using them for restores.  We are using tape robot with 3590 tapes.

Any experiences with this on other platforms might also be helpful.

Thanks,

Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952