ADSM-L

Re: what to do with bad tapes

2000-11-01 09:00:18
Subject: Re: what to do with bad tapes
From: Serge Gaudet/EIG <Serge.Gaudet AT ECONOMICALINSURANCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:57:52 -0500
update the volume to access=readonly up front....   The volume won't be
used to write any new data, but it will allow you to attempt at reading the
data whenever a request for that data is made, until you get the move data
completed for all volumes affected.

Serge Gaudet, CMI
Consultant

                    Kai Hintze
                    <kai_hintze@POS        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    TMARK.NET>             cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     Re: what to do with bad
tapes
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                    ST.EDU>

                    31/10/2000
                    05:08 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

update vol access=destroyed looked like what I wanted, but I thought
I ought to get a second opinion. I find the manuals to be useful once
I know what I am doing, but not particularly good tutorials. Thanks.

I will "move data" first to salvage what I can.

Kai.
--
Kai Hintze
Kai Hintze