ADSM-L

Problems with BACKINT

2000-09-15 11:12:13
Subject: Problems with BACKINT
From: Sean McNamara <mcnams AT PJM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:16:24 -0400
Hello All,

        We are having a problem when attempting to backup a tablespace from a
SAP Oracle database.  I have included the output and errors we receive below.
Our environment is
        SAP server -    AIX 4.3.3
                        Oracle 8.0.5.2.1
                        SAP V4.5
                        TSM Client 4.1.0
                        TSM API 4.1.0

        TSM Server -      AIX 4.3.2
                        TSM V3.7
                        TSM Client

        Has anyone experienced problems similar to the ones below?  If you have,
what was done to resolve them?  Thanks for the help.

Sean McNamara
Senior Analyst
PJM Interconnection L.L.C.
(610)666-4206

****************************** SAPDBA - BRBACKUP ******************************

SAPDBA: Trying to get BRBACKUP version ...
SAPDBA: Version 4.5B found (ok).

--- Current parameter settings for BRBACKUP
--- Current parameter settings for BRBACKUP
Function                : Normal backup
Function                : Normal backup
Device type             : external backup tool (backint)
Backup objects          : PSAPUSER1D
Backup type             : online
Query only              : no query only

Parameter file          : initPTS.sap
BACKINTparameterfile    : /oracle/PTS/dbs/initPTS.utl

Confirmation            : no
Language                : English
Label checking          : yes
Number of tapes         : 1
Password interactive    : no
Tape volumes            :
Compressing             : no compression
Execute parallel        : 0
Members per RMAN saveset: saveset with 1 datafile

Backup verification     : no backup verification
Restore verification    : Reading tape(s)
Verification type       : offline

--- Current parameter settings for BRBACKUP (end)
--- Current parameter settings for BRBACKUP (end)
2000-09-15 11.00.43 --- Start of BRBACKUP
2000-09-15 11.00.43 --- Start of BRBACKUP

Parameters:

Backup function:               Normal backup
Parameter file:                initPTS.sap
Backup device type:            util_file
Objects for backup:            PSAPUSER1D
Backup type:                   online
Query only:                    no query only
Confirm backup parameters:     no
Verification after backup:     no backup verification
Backup utility parameter file: /oracle/PTS/dbs/initPTS.utl
Enter password interactively:  no
Language:                      English
Standard database backup

SAPDBA: Disconnecting from database.
SAPDBA: Disconnected  from database.
SAPDBA: No patch level information found for program 'brbackup' (perhaps too
old version).