ADSM-L

How to add advanced device support?

2000-09-05 02:25:35
Subject: How to add advanced device support?
From: "Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 18:10:01 +1200
I'm working on a new implementation, with no prior experience of TSM or ADSM
(but I've done a training course!).
Version: TSM 3.7.3
Platform: Sun E450
Library: StorageTek PowderHorn 3910
Deadline: yesterday (isn't it always?)

To get the Powderhorn to do anything, I need to get the TSM server talking
to the ACSLS server which provides the control path for the tape silo.
To access the ACSLS from TSM, I understand I have to have "Extended device
support", which seems to be also known as "advanced device support".  We
seem to have a licence for it.

Can anyone help me with the process for getting and adding "advanced device
support"?  I assume it's something I haven't got or haven't done, because Q
STAT tells me:
TSM> Is Advanced Device Support required ?: No
TSM> Is Advanced Device Support licensed ?: Yes

The admin guide tells me "When you install TSM, you must choose whether to
install the TSM device
drivers for tape and tape autochanger devices."  Someone else (now
unavailable) did the installation, and I suspect he said no when he should
have said yes.

So what I'm looking for is a way to add advanced device support without
having to trash the installation and restart from scratch.

I've looked in a number of documents and not found the answer, maybe I'm not
looking in the right place.  Any assistance will be most welcome.

--
Lesley Walker
Lesley Walker