ADSM-L

Re: How to add advanced device support?

2000-09-05 20:36:39
Subject: Re: How to add advanced device support?
From: "Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:35:59 +1200
Joel Fuhrman [SMTP:joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU] wrote:
> In AIX land, you need to install "tivoli.tsm.devices.acsls" filesets.
>
> Here is some of my notes:
>         ACSLS_SERVER_HOSTNAME=cajamarca.cac.washington.edu
>     configuration tool)
>     register license file=advdev.lic   (the TSM license name may be
>                                         different)

Thanks, I think I'm starting to make some progress now.  Part of my problem
is that I have been working from outdated instructions, they referred to a
directory structure that has changed, and a startup script that this version
of TSM does not supply (missing_startup_script_count = 2 so far).

This made me think the ACSLS client software was missing, when in fact it
has just moved from /usr to /opt, along with the rest of TSM.

My problem now is how to define the library and the drives.  I think I have
to do weird things with mt.conf and lb.conf.

Anyway, thanks for answering.