ADSM-L

Re: Backing up logical.

2000-08-25 11:06:05
Subject: Re: Backing up logical.
From: Jason Morgan - Finance <Jason.Morgan AT BLAENAU-GWENT.GOV DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:06:09 +0100
Thanks for replying Dwight.. Here's a theoretical scenario.

Iv'e just taken delivery of a new RS/6000.

I have just installed an application under filesystems /app1 /app2

What is my best method of backing up these filesystems under TSM 3.7

Immediately after installing would you run

a) A full backup image of the two filesystems or

b) A  full backup image of the two filesystems and a full incremental backup

On day two /app1 and /app2 changes.

Overnight would you

a) Run an incremental image backup or

b) Run an incremental image backup and an incremental backup