ADSM-L

Re: multiple adsm servers

2000-07-27 18:31:30
Subject: Re: multiple adsm servers
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:31:30 -0600
On a typical AIX install the files are located in the ADSM server directory.
Here are my server license files:

ADSM-server1::/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin:>
root:>#ls *lic
10client.lic  50client.lic  advdev.lic    network.lic   spaceman.lic
1client.lic   5client.lic   drm.lic       opensys.lic   virtvols.lic

        A "Q lic" should show you which licenses it thinks you need and once
you get them all installed, the server will become "Valid". The command
        "register lic file=/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/network.lic" should work.
(At least it works in our environment.)

        One thought is that the license info for each ADSM server is kept in
the file called "nodelock" that will be located in the directory you defined
in the variable DSMSERV_DIR, or the directory you were sitting in when you
started up the ADSM server. You could look around and see if and where you
have 2 nodelock files or perhaps it might be writing over the same file
every time?

Ben