ADSM-L

Re: ADSM to TSM migration

2000-07-20 14:35:40
Subject: Re: ADSM to TSM migration
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:35:40 -0500
there are new functions that won't be available until the server & client
are matched
BUT things WILL WORK just fine...
that is exactly how I'm doing it across all my servers.
I gave the clients a test TSM server to test to... once they were happy that
all their existing adsm clients worked fine with the TSm server I upgraded
all my servers... now my clients are testing all processes with tsm clients
to tsm servers and are upgrading the clients once they are happy all is
well.

but like I said, there is some functionality (like multiple treads initiated
by the client during scheduled incremental processing) unless you have both
tsm server & client

DWight