ADSM-L

Re: ADSM to TSM migration

2000-07-20 15:06:02
Subject: Re: ADSM to TSM migration
From: Louis Wiesemann <ljwies01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:06:02 -0400
On a related issue, are there any known problems running TSM clients against an
OS390 ADSM v3 server?  On one of our Unix systems they got a little bit ahead
of themselves and put the TSM clients into production.  We have ordered the TSM
upgrade but not installed it yet.

It seems to be working ok, but there was one incident.  One of their accounts
claimed they were unable to see their backed up files for a restore.  Before I
could look at it she came back and said that she had found them by going back
to her old client software.  I found out she had still been using an old copy
of a version 2 client.  Most of our clients are v3.

I haven't gotten back to look at it yet since she is happily using her version
2 client again, but was wondering if there was something here I should be aware
of.

Thanks for your help.

Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952Louis J. Wiesemann