ADSM-L

Re: Bad tape

2000-07-12 10:36:22
Subject: Re: Bad tape
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:36:22 -0400
If the tape is part of a COPY POOL, you can also just do a DELETE with
DISCARDDATA=YES.
This will purge the data base of all the file entries for this tape.
Then the next time you run a BACKUP STGPOOL onsitepool offsitepool,
*SM will see that these files don't have a copy in the offsitepool, and will
copy them to a new tape in the offsitepool.