ADSM-L

Re: migrate mvs server to unix

2000-07-11 12:58:13
Subject: Re: migrate mvs server to unix
From: "Tracy T." <adsmigmo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:58:13 -0700
I got some clarification on why my HSM client data
can't be migrated from an MVS ADSM server to a UNIX
server.  According to the Tivoli guys a UNIX server is
not going to be able to read the EBCDIC tape format
from the MVS system - so apparently *all* data on the
tapes will be poo-poo.   We'll be starting from
scratch - all history will be lost.  Doesn't seem
right.