ADSM-L

Re: migrate mvs server to unix

2000-07-12 09:36:29
Subject: Re: migrate mvs server to unix
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:36:29 -0400
It's true the UNIX server will not be able to read the tapes directly.
But that's what import-export is for.
And if you search the archives of this list (www.adsm.org), several people
have described how to use server-to-server communications along with
import/export to eliminate tapes from the process.
It can be done, it just isn't easy....