ADSM-L

migrate mvs server to unix

2000-07-07 10:59:17
Subject: migrate mvs server to unix
From: "Tracy T." <adsmigmo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 07:59:17 -0700
We're planning on moving from a MVS server to a UNIX
server, sometime the first of next year.  We were told
that (for whatever reason), HSM data on clients is not
migratable from one server to the next, even though we
plan on using the same tape library.  Translate that
to - I've got to recall about 70 GB or so worth of
data before this server transition can take place.
Does that sound right to you?  Hellfire ... if I had
70GB laying around I wouldn't need HSM in the first
place.

Tracy